Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The Lost Heir of Devonshire, by Grace Gibson

I love Georgette Heyer books.

I've never read an author who gives me the same great Regency reading. Until now.

It's a "sweet romance," with nothing graphic. The hero and heroine start out disliking each other, as in many romance stories, but their growing affection for each other, and more, are done believably and slowly. I didn't want this story to end. I enjoyed every chapter very much. (It's an ebook, by the way.)

I saw a number of line edit errors (small words and commas out of place). However, the story was so good it's not enough to drop the book even 1/2 star for me.

I don't say this about many authors, but I am waiting to buy Grace Gibson's next book. Please write it soon, Ms. Gibson!

If you love Heyer, buy this book. You won't be sorry.

No comments: